[CentOS] Why shouldn't I expect more of CentOS/Linux?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Aug 22 18:43:10 UTC 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 20:00 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > But oh so wrong. The disttags should have been you first clue and all you
> > can do is make fun of them :) If even disttags can't make people see the
> > light, then I don't know what can.
>
> I actually agree with Dag here ...

Which makes me wonder where you don't ? :)

> Dag has many packages that work with EL4, and we are building some that
> he doesn't have in extras and centosplus.

I'm reiterating here that every cooperation between extras/centosplus and
RPMforge is welcome. If the CentOS team wants to maintain their own
RPMforge rebuild, or like to add as much from their packages into
RPMforge, all that is possible. There are many ways we could make each
others life easier and I think we could use a lot of experience from the
CentOS team.

Kind regards,