[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 yum update just hangs NOT-[SOLVED]

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Mon Aug 22 18:47:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 02:31:08PM -0400, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> I got further in the yum update but it quit with
>
> Running Transaction Test
> Finished Transaction Test
> Transaction Test Succeeded
> Running Transaction
> Updating: zlib 100 % done 1/128
> /sbin/ldconfig: File /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3.0.3.#prelink#.3qFZHx is
> empty, not checked.
>
> and on the console I see...
>
> ata3: command 0xca timeout ....
> ata3: status 0xda { Busy }
> SCSI error <2 0 0 0 >
> Current sda: sense key aborted command
> Additional sense: scsi parity error
> end_request: I/O error /dev/sda
> EXT3fs error: ... journal has aborted

Well this is clearly some sort of serious hardware or disk driver issue.  I
can't imagine it being related to yum or rpm other than that what it's
currently interfering with.

--
"The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good
in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs,