[CentOS] Server freeze

Dave wintermutecx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 03:48:18 UTC 2005

On 8/21/05, Remco Barendse <redhat at barendse.to> wrote:
> It may not!!
>
> I have the same issue with CentOS 3.x The box freezes if I leave auditd
> enabled.
>
> Once I killed auditd my problems were over (I too suspected hardware). Now
> I get lots of laus(y) errors in my syslogd but the freezes are gone.
>
> Never found out what the problem was, just live with it

  I also had a problem with auditd on Cent3. I noticed I could not
login a few days ago and cron had not run for over a week. I was able
to get in through webmin and do some tasks. After rebooting I had the
same problem. I set most services to not start on boot up and started
each one separately. When I started auditd, the problem came back.