[CentOS] 'Many' packages installed - CentOS 4.1

Tom Brown

tom.brown at goodtechnology.com
Thu Aug 25 14:05:12 UTC 2005

Hi

Installed my first CentOS box last night after coming from Whitebox -
This is perhaps me being stupid but on install i opted for 'Custom'
install as i prefer minimal and then build as i suit. I went through the
list of things to install and removed everything apart from networking.
Install happenned and tons of stull ended up being installed including X
openoffice and the like - Why was that when i de-selected everything
apart from networking? It was very much bloatware and not what i want on
a server.

thanks for any hints