[CentOS] Re: dell sc420 connect to LCD 32" at 1366x768

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:16:30 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> I've been meaning to try my notebook in Windows to see if it has the
> same problem.  I can only assume the Windows drivers from Intel actually
> know how to drive the external DB15 at a difference scan range.

Don't bother booting to windows. On my current DellD600 and several
other similar models I've used, they can do different ranges on
external/internal models at the same time (i.e. split
screen/xinerama/whatever).  The D400 cannot show the external with a
different range if trying to use both monitors at the same time.  It
can succeed in a new range if you use it in "docked" mode.

I believe the D400 is an i855 GPU and the D600 is ATI Mobility Radeon 9000.

Greg