[CentOS] Where have all the Gaim icons gone?

Philip Wyett philip.wyett at w-tech.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 05:34:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 13:39 +1000, Tim Edwards wrote:
> Philip Wyett wrote:
> >
> > This "feature" does not appear in any FC SRPM right up the the FC5
> > development 1.5.0. :-(
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Phil
>
> Thanks. Why would Redhat do this? They're all still in the Gaim 1.5.0
> source code and in the gaim-1.5.0 RPM from Mandriva on my home system,
> and as you said they're still in Fedora - why would they remove them
> from RHEL4 all of a sudden?

I would be hesitant to start guessing the reasons behind the change.

The thing that annoys me is the replacement icons look horrible (of low
quality), if they were going to replace them with a custom set that were
of high quality I could maybe understand.

Also, the half a job and experimentation in the enterprise is just not
on. Time to think about my upcoming RHEL subscription renewals if they
think they can do this as the norm!

Regards

Phil

Personal email: philip.wyett at w-tech.co.uk