[CentOS] CBQ and/or HTB help needed

Joe Klemmer

klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Aug 27 13:38:11 UTC 2005

	Ok, this has been kicking my @$$ for weeks.  I'm trying to get some
kind of bandwidth shaping working on my server.  I need to throttle ftp
down so as not to suck up all the available bandwidth.  I had cbq
working on the old server (an ancient RH 6.2 box) so I figured I'd just
move the config over and get cbq.init from sf.net and it should work.
Unfortunately it doesn't.  At least it doesn't work to the extent that
no throttling of ftp is being done.  So next I thought I'd try htb (as
someone here mentioned it as an alternative).  After printing out the
entire section on bandwidth management from the lartc documentation I
still can't seem to get anything working.  I think I'm at the
"forest/trees" point where I've been banging my head against this so
much I'm missing something obvious.

	So, if anyone out there could lend a hand (or more precisely a pair of
eyes) I would be greatly appreciative.  To save list bandwidth, send
replies to me and once I get things working I'll post a summery, with
full credit attribution, to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

--