[CentOS] Trying to control the torrent of spam...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 17:10:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 10:01, Preston Crawford wrote:
> Someone got ahold of my information (actually, I know who they are -
> t2net.net - just not how to get back at them) and now I'm getting 4
> phone calls a week upwards of 20 spams a day.
>
> I'm trying to put an end to the spam at least and the built-in stuff for
> Evolution isn't working as well as it should I did some Googling on
> procmail and fetchmail and spamassassin config files and much of this
> documentation is out of date for CentOS 4.1 because it uses a newer
> version of spamassassin. Can someone point me in the direction of some
> example config files that just rewrite the subject lines so I can filter
> them.

I recommend MimeDefang http://www.mimedefang.org/ as a wrapper to
control all your spam and virus scans.  It has built in hooks for
about everything you might want and is controlled by a snippet
of perl that you customize for your preferences.  It uses sendmail's
milter interface to run in realtime during the smtp converstation
but under a different user id.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com