[CentOS] server install and software config advise please

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:02:28 UTC 2005

On 8/29/05, Robert Hanson <roberth at abbacomm.net> wrote:
> can anyone please comment on the rest of these please? i mean, what is some
> of this unrecognizable stuff??... at least for me eh?

chkconfig --list | awk '{print $1}' | man

I know that doesn't work, but my point is: Take the list you made,
identify the items you don't know, "man" them.

For those that don't make sense, use a search engine to find the home
page and read about it.

Still lost on some, ask about that remaining list of packages.  Asking
directly may be easier, but it won't help at 3:00 AM when the server
crashes because rpcsvcgssd is hogging all CPU because it freaked out
and you don't know if you can shut it off safely...

Regards,
Greg