[CentOS] Building bacula RPM from Karanbir's repo

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Aug 31 01:00:14 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to rebuild bacula from the source RPM provided on
Karanbir's CentOS yum repo?  Every time I give it a go, I'm given this
error during the configure stage:

checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
you must specify one
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/rpmbuilder/rpmbuild/BUILD/depkgs/mtx-1.2.17kes'
make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rpmbuilder/rpmbuild/BUILD/depkgs/mtx-1.2.17kes'
make: *** [mtx] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /home/rpmbuilder/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.1839
(%build)

I've tried specifying the host type in the spec file itself by entering
the following:

--host=x86_64-centos-linux-gnu

and

--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

but neither have worked.

This is my first go at building bacula, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing
something: I just don't know what.

Do I need to enter a macro in my .rpmmacros file?  Currently:

%_topdir        %(echo "$HOME")/rpmbuild
%_tmppath       %{_topdir}/tmp

Is the spec file hosed?  Something else entirely?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ranbir
--