[CentOS] Choosing to put CentOS in terms of itself ...

Thu Aug 18 14:27:12 UTC 2005
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 05:55 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Red Hat bashing is not good though. As I said before, without their
> outstanding commitment to open source the community would be in the same
> boat as we are with Mandriva and Novell.
>
> (Not that either of those companies are BAD either ... they also provide
> code back into the chain and they do support open source as well.  They
> just don't make it easy to clone their Enterprise Software)

Great post. I agree 100%. Want to bash someone, bash Apple and how they
like to sue anyone who even talks about their software, much less
modifies it. Red Hat is a great company providing a great service. And,
I might add, I think they benefit from it as well. Yeah, I don't pay for
RHEL on my home computer, but prior to using CentOS I used SuSE. Now I
use CentOS and guess what my recommendation is going to be the next time
I'm consulting on a project that wants to buy a Linux distro? You
guessed it probably. RHEL.

Preston