[CentOS] why was LILO removed from centOS 4.2?

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 1 21:46:47 UTC 2005

Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> Better question... why would you even WANT to complain? I
> don't get it either.

I assume by "you" you meant figuratively (with reference to
the others), as I agree that this is not something that even
involves CentOS, hence why I'm tired of seeing the upstream
provider decisions discussed -- and in nearly all cases --
asking for a justification/reasoning from the CentOS
maintainers (instead of Red Hat).

> CentOS provides a rebuild of RHEL which is precisely what I
> want right now.

As I have said too, as Johnny and others have clarified will
not change, etc...

> Don't like CentOS, go try one that makes LILO a priority...

Probably the best statement I've seen to date.

Although you're just going to prompt people to say things
like, "but I want CentOS to have LILO" or worse yet "I just
want CentOS to be the 'best'."

"Best" is relative.