[CentOS] Linking against a specific Berkeley DB install

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 1 21:49:00 UTC 2005

Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com> wrote:
> It is an interesting choice.  It supports multi-master
> replication which I will need and has some GUI management
> utilities.
> Anyone know of any problems with it?

Only that many people on this list have been ignorant of what
NsDS is in the past, even though it's in major use --
especially before even the appearance of ADS in Windows 2000,
let alone how well it does integrate it for ADS-to/from-NsDS
synchronization.  I.e., NsDS can run on Windows too, and
Fedora makes those binaries available.

I don't know if I'd trust the FDS 1.0 "open source" version
yet, as it's missing components last time I checked, but the
FDS binaries?  100% NsDS 7.1 -- Linux, Windows, Solaris,
etc...