[CentOS] Tyan S2891 and CentOS -- 6, 8, 10+ PCI busses in today's new systems

rik at harddata.com rik at harddata.com
Thu Dec 1 21:49:50 UTC 2005

> Secondly, try booting with a combination of ACPI/PCI kernel
> parameters.  Using "pci=bios" might solve the problem,
> especially if you have the latest BIOS.

Thanks for the hints on using pci=.  I got it to work.
I couldn't find where pci=bios was documented but that option didn't work.
 I read in the kernel docs in regards to booting and tried pci=conf1 and
this worked.  The machine is up and running and doing well under testing.
I don't know what conf1 means but I be darned if it doesn't work :)

> If you hit the archives regarding the Tyan S2895 (Thunder
> K8WE), you'll find the boot-time option that person used (I
> believe it was "pci=bios"?).

Do you know where this option is documented?

Rik