[CentOS] why was LILO removed from centOS 4.2?

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 2 16:11:58 UTC 2005

Preston Crawford wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 12:54 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>

>>Let's get the reality straight, these are upstream provider defaults and
>>they aren't going to change for that reason -- at least not in the stock
>>CentOS distribution.  So why do we see the bitching for the impossible?
>>

>Better question... why would you even WANT to complain? I don't get it
>either.

Really!

[rj at mavis pop]$ grep "why was LILO removed from centOS 4.2?" ./CentOS |
wc -l
54
[rj at mavis pop]$

It would be interesting to know how many posts giving help for real
problems -- indeed, how many calls for help on bugs, procedures,
packages, etc -- have been lost in that pile of drivel.   The "why, why,
why" reminds me so much of my great-grandson.... before his 5th birthday.