[CentOS] LDAP Implementations (was: Linking against a specifi c Berkeley DB install)

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 2 16:57:56 UTC 2005

Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com> wrote:
> I interpreted that to mean that their i386 build would not
> run on x86_64.

>From what I saw, most of these were because of Java,
Sleepycat DB and other software that were made in x86_64
form.  If you load the i386 versions, they will work.  I had
RHDS/FDS 7.1 (at least components of it -- I didn't test
everything) running on FC/RHEL x86_64, as long as I loaded
the i386 versions.

They probably say this because it isn't straight-forward,
I'll admit.