[CentOS] /var partition and recovery

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 2 17:34:19 UTC 2005

Robert <roberth at abbacomm.net> wrote:
> so then you dont care where the data is then re: these
> implementations as _you know_ you will always be able to
get
> back at it in "worst case" bad backups scenario ???

Typically.  I mean, there are always scenarios.  But a disk
label/filesystem scanner can typically find things, even if a
compound disk label is corrupted.

> im referring to
> /home  or  /usr/local
> or anywhere else there is data you really need or want to
> see?

I'm kinda confused on what your question is.

> what is the URL to your disk partition article on your blog
> again please?

There are at least these 2:
http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2005/08/filesystem-fundamentals-and-practices.html

http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2005/09/linux-servers-eccentric-practices-for.html

I don't know why, but the sidebar archive links aren't
working as they did before.  Sounds like a change somewhere
(either Blogspot or my template/sheets?).  But the "search"
option at the top of the screen got me the links on the first
page.