[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 clean install -- can't print to officejet k60

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 03:27:30 UTC 2005

On 12/4/05, Richard Hubbell <richard.hubbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a new disk and installed CentOS there but I am unable to print.
> I thought the printer was having troubles because from the
> /var/log/cups/error_log everything
> appears to be working.  The printer is not printing however.  I
> attached the printer to a windoze 98 box and I could print fine.  I
> had printing on my previous system(FC3) but this isn't working.
> If I can't print then  I am dead in the water.  From what I've read
> there are some contradictions

linuxprinting.org lists printers that work with Linux (USB or
otherwise) There are few printers out there that do not work with
Linux. Just because its works with Win box is not a guarantee that it
will work with Linux box also.
SO the first question is which printer is this?

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux