[CentOS] DAG repo problem (continuation)

Henk van Lingen henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Mon Dec 5 14:30:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 03:04:08PM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:

  > >   For a system as popular as Dag's, it doesn't look sane to me to have
  > >   your main mirror on a testbox, right? There have to be other mirrors/
  > >   people who would be happy to help him, i think.

  > Since I don't know how much traffic is being used every day it's
  > impossible for me to consider other mirrors as main mirror.

  Hi Dag,

  Could you elaborate on this? It could very well be that I'm naive (how
  much data are we talking?), but wouldn't it be possible to have a
  box somewhere to which only you/rpmforge and the mirrors can connect and
  let the mirrors sync from this one? If I were to supply you such a box,
  (just to improve the quality of my mirror :-)) what should the specs be?

  > I get swamped by mails of people (about 50 per day) and I have no spare
  > time anymore. If people would report to the RPMforge mailinglists, most of
  > the duplicate reports would be gone.

  I just subscribed to the users list :-)

  > RPMforge currently only comprises of Matthias, Dries and me. Other people
  > are welcome to send fixes or problem-analysis. If you want to help, please
  > don't simply send a report. If you have suggestions on how we can provide
  > more information so you can help analysing problems, let me know.

  Maybe the RPMforge-homepage can announce known and/or current probs in
  hardware and/or packages?

  > But besides all that, I'm doing fine.

  Good to hear :-)

  Regards,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |