[CentOS] Installation failure

Matt Lawrence

a400hz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:35:37 UTC 2005

I'm trying to do a very minimal install onto a Soekris net4801.  There
seems to be a missing dependency in some package causing the install
to fail with:

  +-------------+ Exception Occurred +--------------+
              |                                                 |
              | An unhandled exception has occurred.  This    # |
              | is most likely a bug.  Please copy the full   # |
              | text of this exception and file a detailed    # |
              | bug report against anaconda at                # |
              | http://www.centos.org/bugs/                   # |
          +---|                                               # | --+
          |   | Traceback (most recent call last):            # |   |
          | Pe|   File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1173, in ?   # |   |
          |   |     intf.run(id, dispatch, configFileData)    # |   |
          |   |   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line      # |   |
          |   | 510, in run                                   # |   |
          +---|     dispatch.gotoNext()                       # | --+
              |              |   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py",       # |
              | line 171, in gotoNext                         # |
              |     self.moveStep()                           # |
              |   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py",       # |
              | line 239, in moveStep                         # |
          +---|     rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))     # | --+
          |   |   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py",       # |   |
          | Pe| line 1183, in doPostInstall                   # |   |
          |   |     stdout = devnull)                         # |   |
          |   |   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iutil.py", line     # |   |
          |   | 53, in execWithRedirect                             |
 | be run"                                       # |   |    # |   |
          +---|     raise RuntimeError, command + " can not   # | --+
             |   | be run"                                       # |   |
          +---| RuntimeError: /usr/sbin/kudzu can not be run  # | --+

Pasting this into gmail was a real pain.  Sorry about any formatting glitches.

So, any ideas as to what went wrong?

-- Matt