[CentOS] Installation failure

Matt Lawrence a400hz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 02:15:45 UTC 2005

> What were you booting from (Single server, CD-1, DVD)?
>
> Which arch CD where you using?
>
> Is this CentOS-3 or CentOS-4 and what version (3.6, 4.2, etc.)?
>
> Did you do a Media check prior to install .. and did it pass?

Ah, good point.  Sorry about that...

I was doing a network install of CentOS 4.2 with a custom kickstart.
I'm attempting to build a VERY minimal system on a Soekris net4801.  I
basically have excluded almost all of the packages in the default
install and am letting the automatic dependency resolution bring the
few that I need back in.  It looks like some package is still missing
(due to a missing dependency) when the postinstall runs.  According to
the progress screen, only 87 packages are being installed.

Any ideas?

-- Matt