[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.2 clean install -- can't print to officejet k60

Richard Hubbell richard.hubbell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 05:39:34 UTC 2005

The printer worked fine under FC3.  The problem appears to be somewhere else.
I think that the drivers are the problem.  I finally got things
working by hooking the printer up to a USB2.0 interface instead of 1.1
and ran ptal-init setup.  I can now print once again.  Someone must
know what changed in the drivers to break USB 1.1

So I have no idea if it's cups, hpijs, hpoj, ptal, etc., etc.

I'm fairly certain it's not the kernel but it may be,
perhaps it is a kernel/driver combo interaction problem.

Hope this helps someone else.