[CentOS] Re: SMB server with CentOS 4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:40:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 05:31, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, it doesn't provide the
> >> authentication/authorization aspect that he needs.  He'd need
> >> a 2nd server for that.
> >

> > This looks like an interesting project.  The problem with it is that it
> > is a whole distro, so I can't have auth on the same server?
>
> nothing stopping you from actually ssh'ing in and setting up openldap if
> you like.. on the same box. But the gui frontend for openfiler, at this
> stage, will not help you with the process.

It would be a great addition to that project though.  Or to
the Centos-based SMEserver if you add NFS too.  Then you could
build one box where you add users and get home directories
and use any number of other Linux or windows workstations
where anyone could log in with network authentication and
have his home directory auto-mounted.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com