[CentOS] Re: SMB server with CentOS 4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:08:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 08:30, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> > I meant that SMEserver needs NFS.  It already has the
> > SMB server and web-based user management suitable
> > for windows clients.  I think you can drop in the
> > stock Centos RPMs on the version 7 beta to add it
> > back but then you still need network authentication
> > for Linux/unix clients.
> >

> Guys, the server is already a CentOS server, so I would rather not have
> to re-install an OS.

Sorry - the OpenFiler and SMEserver are both based on the CentOS RPMs
and are appliance-like to the point that it really would be easier to
re-install them than to set up some individual applications by hand.
Unfortunately they don't quite meet your needs as-is and modifying
an already heavily-modified OS is not fun.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com