[CentOS] DAG repo problem (continuation)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 7 12:03:25 UTC 2005

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>>I yesterday rebuild all metadata again and I removed the createrepo cache.
>>Can one report on the users mailinglist if they still have problems
>>with corrupt checksums ?
>>
>>If this fixes it, it's a createrepo bug.
>

> Yes, this fixed it. There aren't any more broken checksums on the mirror
> at the moment.
>
> Can you file that in yum's bugzilla? If you don't have the time for it:
> How can I recreate that bug on a local repository?

the new createrepo 0.4.3 introduces a new 'feature' that it will cache
previous metadata for pkgs that have not changed - so that it saves time
rebuilding the md for a repo when you have a large number of pkgs, but
only a few have changed.

to recreate :

use createrepo-0.4.3
and "createrepo <dir to repo>"
proceed to change a few pkgs and rerun.

What I am guessing is that something on those pkgs is changing  eg. a
resign or something - that causes the checksum to change - but does not
hit the radar of createrepo  - perhaps createrepo is only checking for a
rpm param like buid time or something... not sure, worth a peek in the
code to verify. so while the checksum has changed, createrepo does not
regen md for that package.