using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Wed Dec 7 13:20:27 UTC 2005

Hi Alex,

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Feizhou wrote:
>
>> What does one do when the indexes for a mailbox gets hosed? I know of
>> one person who used cyrus and when it got hosed, he came running to me
>> to get him a mail system up and running pronto.
>

> You reconstruct them.  There's command that does that, you know.  I'd
> suggest reading man reconstruct.

I don't run cyrus nor have I ever ran it. The guy that came running to
me did try reconstruct to no avail so I suspect that that was a case of
the mailboxes database going bust or something. I really have no idea
though for this was over three years ago.

> While we are at it, it might be good practice to change all *db options
> in /etc/imapd.conf from Berkely DB to skiplist prior to starting Cyrus
> for the first time.  Something like:
>
> annotation_db: skiplist
> duplicate_db: skiplist
> mboxlist_db: skiplist
> ptscache_db: skiplist
> quota_db: skiplist
> seenstate_db: skiplist
> subscription_db: skiplist
> tlscache_db: skiplist

I don't mean to turn this into a cyrus tutorial thread but since cyrus
is what is bundled...

What does this do?