[CentOS] up2date command to install kernel source

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 7 18:09:08 UTC 2005

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Thanks that link explained a few things....
> However it still mentions downloading the kernel source yourself then
> installing...
>
> I was looking for a command that goes and grabs the source rpm....
> something like "up2date kernel-source" or something like that - to go
> grab the correct
> kernel source... I can do "up2date mozilla" for instance and it gets it
> and installs it.
> I am looking for something similaiar for the kernel source src.rpm.

Use your web browser, http://mirror.centos.org/centos/<version>/os/SRPMS

and for the updates :

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/<version>/updates/SRPMS

The sources for the kernel are published at the same place as the
sources for everything else.

You cant use up2date or yum to manage source rpms ( on CentOS 4 )

- KB