using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Wed Dec 7 18:18:18 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 01:42 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>
>>>Typing this, what does this have with the topic of using Cyrus?  It's the
>>>storage.  Cyrus will work with SAN as happy as it will work with local
>>>drives.
>>
>>Not in a cluster it won't. That's the point. Two cyrus boxes sharing a
>>SAN = nightmare. If they don't recommend NFS, they won't recommend a SAN
>>either. Hence their murder scheme which will not provide HA of all
>>mailboxes.
>
> ----
> this has gone so far afield it isn't relevant to much of anything.

Oh yeah?

> If you are going for HA and tying it all to a single SAN server, then
> where is your single point of breakage?

I never said SAN server. I said SAN.

> This doesn't relate to but a very tiny percentage of users on this list
> and those that are choosing SAN are making careful evaluations of all of
> the software that they use.

Like I said, I am out to find out what limitations there are of
different mail-related software. Things have come down this route
because somebody pointed out MURDER to me in response to a question I
had about how one would run cyrus in a cluster.

It looks like I am done given the way things are heading.