using Cyrus was Re: [CentOS] Re: Planning Mail Server (with low resources)

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 7 18:59:20 UTC 2005

Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net> wrote:
> and I suppose you can somehow show how some NFS setup can
> be better than one with local disk storage

NFS locking is _hell_ on mbox files.  Maildir helps, but it's
still _not_ recommended for e-mail storage.

> and what happened to dovecot?

I haven't used it as of late.  As of late FC2 / early FC3, it
was still mega-buggy, so I stuck with WU-IMAP 2004 or Cyrus
when I needed the features.  But many now say Dovecot is far
more stable.