[CentOS] Re: Gnomebaker for centos 4.2

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 7 20:02:06 UTC 2005

Alex White wrote:
> carlopmart wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>> Somebody knows from what repo can I download gnomebaker rpm for Centos
>>4.2 ???
>>
>>Thanks.
>

> I built an rpm on my CentOS4 U2 box if you want it. Mail me off list
> and I'll send it off to ya. I built a binary and a src rpm. This is
> only the second rpm I've ever made and I'm sure the spec file is
> quite idiotic, but it does installand run in the correct menu even
> on my system. It requires:
> cdrecord
> readcd
> cdda2wav
> mkisofs
> gstreamer0.8(vorbis, mad, flac and misc packages)
> ibgnomeui-2.0
> gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4
> libglade-2.0
> dvd+rw-tools
>
> as a basic set. I did not place these things into the spec file. I'm
> not exactly sure what the syntax is when requiring multiple
> items/packages. If someone could point me to a good tutorial and
> process on researching this I would love that (I used google to make
> the rpm for gnomebaker already so yes I did google search).

Hi Alex,

One guide often quoted to people starting with Spec Files and rpm
building is the GuruLabs Guide to building quality RPMS. Get it at:
http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/guru+guides.php

You will also find lots of info at the Max-RPM-Snapshot guide at :
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/

and the recently launched
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/drafts/rpm-guide-en/

If you want, come into irc - #centos at irc.freenode.net, lots of people
there who understand rpm's, some are even helpfull :)

- KB