[CentOS] RE: Keeping data on 2 servers in sync !

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Dec 9 10:10:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 at 7:19pm, Bryan J. Smith wrote

> In fact, since Red Hat insists on not supporting XFS with its
> xfsdump that maintains EAs, and Ext3's dump does nothing of
> the sort (and I'm not a huge fan of star), I use getfacl to
> store the original ACLs with my backup in a file included
> with the backup.

ext3 dump does EAs now:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2005-359.html

Of course, ext3 dump is not, IMO, anywhere near the quality of xfsdump
(and ditto your comments on star), but RH now *can* claim full backup
support of ext3.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering