RE: [CentOS] cs & gfs

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Dec 9 15:44:52 UTC 2005

From: Karanbir Singh [mailto:mail-lists at karan.org]

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2005-December/000946.html

> > I don't remember seeing this.  Is the announce list mirrored to this
> > one, or do I need to subscribe to yet another mailing list to get
> > these announcements?
>
> the annouce list is posted in digest form to this list, one post per
> day , on days when there is a post in the announce list.

Ok, I guess I just missed this one.

On a question more related to the original subject...

I have a server using cs and gfs that is built from the source rpms on
http://rpm.karan.org/el4/csgfs/SRPMS/ (modified only enough to compile
on the latest kernel without hugemem).  Is it safe (or even possible)
to update these from the official distribution, or do I need to remove
the current stuff and rebuild the cluster using the official rpms?

I would like to get to a point where this can be kept up to date with
a 'yum update' command now that it's in the CentOS distribution.

Bowie