[CentOS] Selecting a compatible motherboard

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sun Dec 11 22:18:09 UTC 2005

Aleksandar -

I greatly appreciate your advice as well as the advice of others on this
topic.  Though I understand the concepts of chip sets and motherboards,
the specifics is not my forte; once I get a computer up and running as a
server to handle my testing of php scripts and to provide a way for my
client to FTP my work during the day, I just let it run :-) !

One of my servers (was my main one) has a board with Adaptec fake-RAID
BIOS that works well with RH 9, but for the reasons you have stated, it
does not work with RHE 4 - even if I use the 2 connectors that bypass
the RAID.  So, I want to replace the motherboard with a middle of the
road board (I think I have a Pentium 3 on the current board).

Thank you....

Todd