RE: [CentOS] cs & gfs

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Dec 14 21:11:00 UTC 2005

From: Karanbir Singh [mailto:mail-lists at karan.org]

> Bowie Bailey wrote:
> >
> > I have a server using cs and gfs that is built from the source rpms on
> > http://rpm.karan.org/el4/csgfs/SRPMS/ (modified only enough to compile
> > on the latest kernel without hugemem).  Is it safe (or even possible)
> > to update these from the official distribution, or do I need to remove
> > the current stuff and rebuild the cluster using the official rpms?
> >
> > I would like to get to a point where this can be kept up to date with
> > a 'yum update' command now that it's in the CentOS distribution.
>
> You should be able to just setup a repo for the csgfs release on
> mirror.centos.org and yum update against that with no problems.

I did that and immediately ran into problems.

# depmod -a
# modprobe dm-mod
# modprobe gfs
FATAL: Module gfs not found.
# modprobe lock_dlm
FATAL: Module lock_dlm not found.

Everything is installed, but it looks like some of the modules didn't
upgrade
properly.

ccs-1.0.2-0
cman-1.0.2-0
cman-kernel-2.6.9-36.0
cman-kernel-2.6.9-39.8.centos4
cman-kernel-smp-2.6.9-36.0
cman-kernel-smp-2.6.9-39.8.centos4
cman-kernheaders-2.6.9-39.8.centos4
dlm-1.0.0-5
dlm-devel-1.0.0-5
dlm-kernel-2.6.9-34.0
dlm-kernel-2.6.9-37.9.centos4
dlm-kernel-smp-2.6.9-34.0
dlm-kernel-smp-2.6.9-37.9.centos4
dlm-kernheaders-2.6.9-37.9.centos4
fence-1.32.6-0
GFS-6.1.2-0
GFS-kernel-2.6.9-35.5
GFS-kernel-2.6.9-42.2.centos4
GFS-kernel-smp-2.6.9-35.5
GFS-kernel-smp-2.6.9-42.2.centos4
gulm-1.0.4-0
gulm-devel-1.0.4-0
iddev-2.0.0-3
lvm2-cluster-2.01.14-1.0.RHEL4
magma-1.0.1-4
magma-plugins-1.0.2-0
system-config-cluster-1.0.16-1.0

There appear to be two versions of several of the packages.

What is the best way to recover from this?  Should I remove them all and
start
over, or is there a better way?

Bowie