[CentOS] expat packages

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:33:40 UTC 2005

On 15/12/05, Jean Lee <jean.lee at free.fr> wrote:
> Will McDonald a écrit :
>
> >On 15/12/05, Jean Lee <jean.lee at free.fr> wrote:
> >
> >>I am trying to compile an application which needs expat.
> >>I have installed the "expat" and "expat-devel" packages with yum but
> >>when I try to compile my application, I have the following problem :
> >>expat_external.h is not found.
> >
> >Which application? Might help us either resolve the problem or suggest
> >a workaround, e.g. $app is available in Extras or from Dag, use that
> >instead.
>
> This application is rfdump.
> available at www.rfdump.org
> This is for radio frequency identification (RFID) tag reading and is not
> available with CentOS.
>
> There is a precompiled binary which is given but I would like to compile
> it by myself.....

Personally, I'd stick with pre-compiled binaries for reasons exactly
like this. :)

There's a considerably modified expat.h included with rfdump in ./src/
which appears to override the default OS /usr/include/expat.h header
file.

There's an #include "expat_external.h" in the ./src/ header file. I
don't know if expat_external is deprecated or what. You could try
grabbing the CentOS expat SRPM and see if it's in there then copy it
out to /usr/include though I don't know what the knock-on effects of
that could be. IANADeveloper. :)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=expat_external.h&btnG=Search&meta=

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=expat_external.h+redhat&meta=

Will.