RE: [CentOS] cs & gfs

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Dec 16 11:57:05 UTC 2005

From: Karanbir Singh [mailto:mail-lists at karan.org]

> Bowie Bailey wrote:
> >
> > Everything is installed, but it looks like some of the modules
> > didn't upgrade properly.
>
> upgrade ? where are you upgrading from ? This is the first csgfs
> release on CentOS4 :)
>

> > There appear to be two versions of several of the packages.
> >

> how did you install this in the first place ?

I originally installed from the source rpms on your website...

You told me that these should update properly from the CentOS
distribution using 'yum update', so I tried it.

From: Karanbir Singh [mailto:mail-lists at karan.org]

> Bowie Bailey wrote:
> >
> > I have a server using cs and gfs that is built from the source rpms on
> > http://rpm.karan.org/el4/csgfs/SRPMS/ (modified only enough to compile
> > on the latest kernel without hugemem).  Is it safe (or even possible)
> > to update these from the official distribution, or do I need to remove
> > the current stuff and rebuild the cluster using the official rpms?
> >
> > I would like to get to a point where this can be kept up to date with
> > a 'yum update' command now that it's in the CentOS distribution.
>
> You should be able to just setup a repo for the csgfs release on
> mirror.centos.org and yum update against that with no problems.

In any case, this question is moot now as I have rebuilt from the
official packages.  I am still having some problems getting things
operational, but I will post another question on that later if I can't
figure it out.

Bowie