[CentOS] Block file system browing with Nautilus

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Dec 16 17:25:37 UTC 2005

Hello All,

It's possible to lock down the Gnome desktop so that a user can't open a
terminal.  One of the steps includes not letting Nautilus manage the
desktop, but that's okay.

However, it's still possible to browse the file system with Nautilus by
clicking on "Computer" in the tool bar, and then on "Filesystem".  I
want to block this.

Can the "Filesystem" icon be removed?  I haven't seen an gconf keys that
can be set, but I may have missed them.  Is there some other method
available to remove that option in Nautilus?

Oh, I'm trying to do this on a CentOS 4 system.

Thanks for any tips.

Regards,

Ranbir

--