[CentOS] [Solved] Compilation problem - CentOS 4.2 - x86_64

kadafax kadafax at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 01:24:04 UTC 2005

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> kadafax wrote:
>

>> yes, everything was there; maybe too much since the i386 versions were
>> there too.
>> As a result I restarted from the beginning, avoiding mixing arch (and
>> that was not simple, ex: the server is a dell 2850 and their server's
>> management tools are i386 only -weird-). I did encounter some problems
>> for rpmbuild-ing the courier-authlib and courier-imap, I've posted some
>> workaround in the courier-imap's mailing list. Really, I have the
>> impression that courier-IMAP is badly supported on RHEL.
>

> I am not sure what you mean by badly supported - its not supported at
> all, and therefore is not included in the distro. If a project wants
> to have their software run on a specific distro - the responsibility
> would fall on them, not the distro.

that's what I mean: project's people responsibility. Why? courier-imap
does not deserve this, imho.

> And you might want to keep in mind that you will be running this
> exercise everytime there is a bugfiz / securityfix released from
> courier-imap.

Alternative? Cyrus uses its own mail store format. Dovecot don't seem to
be viable for me: Of course I can be wrong but thing like a clear text
password for ldap authentication (no re-binding with the provided
credentials) is bad.

kfx.