[CentOS] Where is the kernel source code???

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 00:38:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 01:08 +0100, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> Doubtful, a properly compiled module kernel can contain all the drivers
> prebuild as modules - as far as I know this is what the centosplus
> kernel does...

Not always.  Some drivers modify a set of drivers that are part of an
existing module -- especially when it is one that is often statically
built-in (e.g., ATA), but even so when still modular.

And then there are other modifications, like network, filesystem, etc...
subsystems/support that are clearly patching all sorts of stuff.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com