[CentOS] Where is the kernel source code???

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 04:00:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 21:47 -0600, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> Ummm, I don't consider many of the VIA mini-ITX systems to be
> "outdated"

ViA EPIA Mini-ITX systems are ViA C3 cores, and run i686 just fine --
including cmov.

> or even my Soekris net4801.  Special purpose perhaps, but
> not outdated.

Unfortunately, i686 is largely the name of the game.

i586 is optimized for genuine Pentium-only.  It sucks on both i486 _and_
i686 hardware, including Intel's own Pentium Pro and later.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com