[CentOS] Setting up software IDE RAID

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Mon Dec 19 16:37:34 UTC 2005

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Thanks for all the answers. Can you tell me if this Howto is a good
> starting point for reading?
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html
> (It seems a bit old and to only know about lilo. At first glance it
> doesn't convince me.)
> Or do you think the info in
> http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-sag-en-4/
> is enough to get going?
>
> Kai

If you are doing root raid, please also search for "grub mirror" on
Google. RHEL4, and therefore Centos 4, does not handle root raid grub
installation properly. It will only install on one disk and if that disk
goes, you have a non-bootable system. Fedora Core 4 handles this
properly from what I hear and so RHEL5 will too when it comes.