[CentOS] Installing CentOS via HTTP

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 19 16:44:13 UTC 2005

OK.  I loaded the CDs onto one of my servers.

you can see them at http://65.84.78.210/~rgm/centos

When I enter 65.84.78.210 as the web site name and ~rgm/centos as the
directory, it fails reporting that it cannot access the
http://65.84.78.210//~rgm/centos/Centos/base/stage2.img

Where is that extra / coming from?  And when I go back to the screen
where I entered this info I see /~rgm/centos  !  I did not enter that leading /

What gives?  how do I get past this point?