[CentOS] compaq v2000 laptop -- realtek RTL8100C?

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 21:37:46 UTC 2005

Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bryan,
> I also tried going out to the realtek.com.tw web site.
> They only have linux drivers showing for kernel 2.4.X
> Should I try that since my kernel is 2.6.X?

The 8139too/8139cp drivers are supposed to be current for
2.6.x.  But I haven't put forth the investigation to check.

I.e., this isn't a priority for me yet at my work, yet.
[ Dealing with the stupid shortcomings of XP Embedded is my
current priority -- sigh, don't get me started ]

--
Bryan J. Smith  b.j.smith at ieee.org http://thebs413.blogspot.com