[CentOS] Setting up a simple NAT on CentOS 3.5

ryan ryanag at zoominternet.net
Tue Dec 20 01:01:09 UTC 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 11:34, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Well I think this system is back on 3.5.  How do I tell?  Have not
> used it in a while...
>
> I need a NAT for some quick testing and this box was available.  Only
> a 6gb drive, so I can't install Astaro (which I have licenses for).
>
> So is there a simple way to turn on NATing?  Should I upgrade to 4.2?
>
> This box is behind a firewall, so security risks are not the issue.  This
> time.

Firestarter will take about 5 minutes to set up:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/firestarter/firestarter-1.0.3-1.i386.rpm?download

If you want greater control (multiple IPs on virtual interfaces), try
shorewall:
http://www.shorewall.net/

Also, if you want DHCP, you need to do a yum install dhcp. Firestarter will
configure DHCPd for you, but it will not install it.