[CentOS] O.T. Evolution Question.

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Tue Dec 20 17:40:11 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

>Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
>

>>Thanks guys.. for some reason now, it works as supposed to.
>>Have no clue why it would not drag 'n drop before.
>>

>Was Evolution busy with background processing?
>
>Unlike Thunderbird, which often doesn't let you do much while
>it is doing folder processing, Evolution still lets you
>interact when it is doing some -- although some things might
>not work (like dragging e-mails to a folder it is
>processing).
>
>I've seen an extrodinary amount of commentary on Evolution as
>of late, and all of it is based on assumptions of how other
>programs work.  Even Evolution's most advanced and unique
>features are wholly misunderstood for the advantages they
>provide.
>
>Such as some of its background processing whereas Thunderbird
>and other programs will be unresponsive when they are doing such.

Hi Bryan,

    No, there was nothing going on in the background.  The evolution on
the workstation actually is just a mirror copy of what I pull in via an
XP box, but prior to today, I'd tried to drag notes into folders, and
its like it didn't recognize a drag 'n drop.  I've seen background
processing going on tho, especially when deleting large numbers of
messages from the inbox.  Not had any problems with it burping on that,
but I know I am getting to like Evolution better than thunderbird,
especially for the threading.  Too bad there is not a win-xp version!
Think I'd switch in a skinny-minute.

--
Snowman