[CentOS] 4.2 ....64 system can't run httpd

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Sat Dec 24 22:49:27 UTC 2005

this 64 system I put together the other day gets this msg
in /var/log/messages:

httpd: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so into
server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

I notice that there are 2 "broken" links" in /etc/httpd. modules and
build
kk, mind, this is my only 64 bit system...I then go look on a 32 bit
that is running httpd and try to compare

the main files are in /usr/lib/httpd/ modules and build respectively

the 64 sys did not have those directories so I rsynced them over from
the 32 bit "working" system. the 64 does show the links now as not
broken but the system still will not work.

any suggestions?

thx

and Merry Christmas to y'all

John Rose