[CentOS] OT: Evolution folder location

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Mon Dec 26 20:42:02 UTC 2005

I used Eudora for a long time on 'dows. I don't know of any way to "transfer"
Eudora to Linux.

It appears that Eudora uses standard "mbox" format to store messages:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozilla&q=eudora%20to%20mbox

So you might be able to just copy them over, perhaps convert linefeeds, and
use any standard *nix mailer.  (I've been using KDE/Kmail for years and just
love it!)

-Ben

On Monday 26 December 2005 10:56, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have used Eudora since v 1.35 (circa '93).  For quite some time, I
> have enjoyed keeping each of my mail accounts' folders in totally
> separate directory trees.  In Eudora you do this by specifying the
> data locatoin as part of the startup:  '<program location>/eudora.exe
> <data location>'
>
> So I am quite spoiled.  But there is no Eudora support in Linux/CentOS.
>
> So where are Evolution folders kept?
>
> And Can I do something to have each account in a separate directory
structure.

> Oh, some more about Eudora, since perhaps v4:
>
> If you run multiple personalities in a copy of Eudora, all that mail
> is in a single directory structure, though you CAN have filters to
> drop mail into different folders.  To have multple directory
> structures, you run multiple copies of Eudora.

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978