[CentOS] logwatch patch

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Tue Dec 27 13:12:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-25 at 19:53 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> > My system, 4.2 i386, fully current AFAIK, does not have
> >
> >    scripts/shared/applyyumdate
> >
> > but does have applyusdate.
>
> The applyyumdate is new file (intriduced by patch).  It does not exist
> in current logwatch.
> <snip very useful and informative explanations>

Alexsandr,

Thanks for that education. I have much to learn about all this.

I feel I may have wasted list time too. When I looked at the patch, I
just scanned for the "header" lines. Seeing the ".orig" I presumed there
was a pre-existing file. If I had looked more closely, I would have seen
it was a new file.

On Sun, 2005-12-25 at 11:07 -0500, Robert Tate wrote:
> scripts/shared/applyyumdate is a new file. The patch is to create it and point to in in the other files.
>
> On Sunday 25 December 2005 09:56 am, William L. Maltby wrote:
> <snip>

Robert thanks for the reply. As noted above, I may have wasted your time.

Bill