[CentOS] CMS centos3

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Tue Dec 27 21:41:19 UTC 2005

Dave wrote:

>Anyone using or recomend a content management system that will install
>without out a lot of mucky muck on a Centos3 system?  I looked at Zope
>but it needs a newer Python, Midgaard looks likes it's geared towards
>RHEL4. OpenCMS looks like it runs on java so that might work. I have
>yet to look at Rubyrails and Django.

We've had rather good luck with plone (which uses zope).  And you're
right, it's a pain in the ass to install.  But things have been rather
uneventful after the initial PITA install was over.  In our case, we
needed something that played nice with English/Japanese/Chinese so our
choices were somewhat limited.

Cheers,