[CentOS] Multiple program instances or multiple log ins? -- Thunderbird profiles ...

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 28 01:05:04 UTC 2005

At 05:27 PM 12/27/2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> > The thing that killed OS/2 was the lack of TCP/IP support.
>
>No, 2 things killed OS/2 ...

For us it was TCP/IP support.

I had a friend that was the lowest level manager that got into the
big 'futures' meeting where Gerstner (sp?!) and Ellen Hancock (sp?)
(also know as Ms. SNA) had their 'debate' on the future of the company.

Ellen was out the next day.

Without TCP/IP support, we just could not use it, as we were making
the transition to IP (by '94 we had 100k IP stations and an Openview
map of 100Mb, next largest known was 25Mb).

And I did not have to support any engineering workstations.  Pretty
much I only had servers.  And apps like TCL!